Restaurants in South Maui and... ?

Photo by Stefan Vladimirov on Unsplash

I was recently asked which restaurants I suggest for Maui visitors. I realized I've never posted that information here!

It's expensive to eat out, so these restaurants make my 'favorites' list because of the value they provide for the price.

Here are my recommendations, in no particular order.

South Kihei/Wailea


1. Tanpopo- An Italian/Japanese fusion restaurant, if you can believe it. Incredible food, friendly service.

2. 1054 Togoshi - Authentic Japanese sushi. Very serious sushi chef and artist Do not disturb. Just eat and enjoy,

3. Cuatro - Long established local and visitor favorite. Tiny restaurant but big on service and flavor.

4. Kamana Kitchen - Next door to Quattro's is a fabulous Indian restaurant. I've not enjoyed Indian food anywhere else on the island, and I've tried. This is the only place I've found that offers great flavors and authentic taste.

5. Cafe Ole - It has "sushi bar" all over its social media, but I've not eaten the sushi here. Everything else, though, is high quality and a good value. Service has always been impeccable. It's a great 'second date' restaurant.

6. Amigo's - It's the best Mexican food so far that I have found on the island. To be clear: there is a second Amigo's in Kahului. No. This is only for the location in Kihei.


On the road to Hana

Hana Fresh - Salads, Sandwiches, delicious and fresh goodness!

Hana Harvest -  Wonderful wood-fired pizza!